Search:

Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The Sound of The 'Chicks'

Was tranfered on my Technics SL-D33 with a Technics 270c cartridge and stylus. The lp itself was a bit rough, but sounds very good for it's age. As with all the other Viking LP's, high end distortion is an issue. I have left this as is, as this should not hinder your listening enjoyment. Very light de-clicking has been done with ClickFix for Adobe Audition.

This is rather a decent album. Much better than Dinah Lee's debut album, which shall be here soon also (only a few tracks are on cd I believe).

This lp is all new, except for "The Hucklebuck", which sounds far better here than the needledrop that's appeared on cd's since Kiwi Classics Vol. 1 in 1996, It also has a slightly longer fade out here, and does not have the scraping noise on the intro, it also sounds more crisp, warm and less harsh.

This took me 2 hours to transfer and get into a listenable and enjoyable state. I hope you enjoy it. Please leave feedback and comments, as it's really appreciated.

http://www.4shared.com/rar/FBi-gUno/The_Sound_of_The_Chicks.html

Track List:
1. Heart Of Stone
2. You Don't Talk About Love
3. Hucklebuck
4. Ticket To Ride
5. I Don't Want To Spoil The Party
6. The Birds And The Bees
7. Can't You Hear My Heart Beat
8. I Feel Fine
9. Tobacco Road
10. I Want You To Be My Baby
11. Looking For The Right Guy
12. Goodnight Baby

I also updated the Discogs website page for it: http://www.discogs.com/Chicks-The-Sound-Of-The-Chicks/release/3501125


ARTWORK

4 comments: